Tuesday, July 18, 2006

alone again or

When I was a child I remember looking at an orange on the table, and thinking, How do I know that is just one orange? A single orange?

Somehow I felt it would have been easier to conceive of a single orange if there had been two oranges next to each other: you could look at one orange, and see it as an individual orange, because it was not the orange next to it. Then you could look at the other orange and understand that this pair of oranges was in fact two single oranges.

I went to a festival on my own this weekend. I didn't feel alone. Walking around the fields by myself I felt I was everyone and noone. I would have felt more alone in company, I think.

1 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger mink said...

Natasha. It's a beautiful name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home